Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Locavore Movie Night

My favourite night time snack is buttery popcorn. I tried the local Uncle Bob's hull-less white poppong corn from Eat Local Sudbury, popped up like a dream. If you're thinking of trying to replace one meal/snack with a local option, here's one that is super easy,



Hull-less popcorn doesn't stick in your teeth.


I so badly wanted popcorn action shots

Nearly ready!

My locavores

 My own garden has been neglected this year, too much time away from home I guess. The plants I bought in July have struggled, The peppers thrived, but the squash did not, thankfully the CSA keeps me in zucchini and cabbage. Our family reunion is this weekend I plan to keep it local so I'll be posting more later in the week.

Shannon D.
  

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for the local butter shot. Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was alone in the kitchen and could not pour and take the pic at once. I did try to take a pic with butter, but it wasn't noticeable. No one wants to stay up and help mommy with snacks when its movie time.

    ReplyDelete