Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Sliders!

     Dinner's Ready!
Next time the buns will be local.


       This time of year is the storm before the calm, garden planting and end of school excitement keep this house hopping.  Last night I was out, so my husband made classic grill cheese for dinner. Tonight it was sliders, quick and delicious.

       I have fallen quite badly for Jamie Oliver. He's so lovely and clever.  I received Jamie At Home for Christmas and have been swooning over him ever since. What I love about him is how he describes how he cooks food. Given the rain tonight I pan fried the sliders, using this advice.

      I've been using canola oil I purchased at Eat Local Sudbury Co-op. It is from The Pristine Gourmet and for the most part I love it, it is too heavy for a salad dressing but excellent everywhere else.


The sliders were super easy, Burt's Farms beef is so flavourful, so delicious, it will ruin you for all other beef.


Lean Ground Beef (Burt's Farms)
1 egg (Dalew)
bread crumbs 


Pristine Gourmet oil for the pan.
Topped with Thornloe 1 Year Old Cheddar




Enjoy Locavores!!


 Shannon D.






1 comment: