Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 9 & 10 - Not much to report

We had left over pork roast and potatoes Tuesday night and last night Keith and the kids had omelets and I had a big salad. All local of course!!


Yesterday, I picked up the highly recommended Moosewood Cookbook. I've only looked through the first half and I want to try almost every recipe...definitely the sign of a great cookbook! I also picked up Mark Bittman's Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating and Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals along with our book club's newest book. My summer reading list has been made!!


Not sure how Mrs. Duguay is making out with her challenge. Hopefully she will blog soon!


Oh, almost forgot Happy Canada Day! I think we might check out the International Food Fair at the arena and take in the fireworks tonight. 


Shannon A.


P.S. I found Ontario grown and produced peanut butter yesterday. I don't know that the kids will find it a suitable replacement for their sweetened teddy bear on the jar type PB but if they don't it will be great for Thai or Scezhuan inspired sauces for stir fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment