Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two Weeks Completed

We are back home from our little family road trip and happy to be home eating real food again. I can't believe I actually missed cooking while we were gone! Eating local just wasn't an option on this trip, although we were happy to discover the Food Studio cafe at the Royal Ontario Museum where we had lunch was serving up local fare!


Dinner tonight was BBQ pork chops and steamed peas from Dalew's and local potatoes with herbs from our garden. I made apple pesto to go with...just 3 tablespoons of my own apple butter and basil, rosemary and parsley from the garden, EVOO and salt pulsed smooth in my Magic Bullet.


I'm so happy to hear that Shannon D. found eggs. I don't know what we would do without local eggs! I'm also thrilled to find out we aren't the only people who think about the hens that produce eggs of such colour variety and shape. We're pretty sure we can tell which hens are prudes and which ones "get around". ;-)


Shannon A.

No comments:

Post a Comment